Authentic Luna Organics Clay Blush, My Thoughts

I got my hands on the much raved about clay blush, Luna Organics in the shade Autumn last week and finally got to try and give my thoughts on this product. 
This has been out in the market for quite awhile now and in fact fake ones are being sold from the price range of 100-150Php. I got mine from an official distributor in Iloilo City which I double checked just to make sure I got the authentic one. It's priced at Php250.

A lot of youtubers have given their review on this product and I kept seeing this on my instagram page that's why I was convinced to try it myself. At this price range of 30g, that's a very reasonably priced product. And I have been very vocal with my obsession for organic and natural products so I am naturally inclined to try this out. 

So let's look at the ingredients first. On the back of the label the ingredients are listed as follows: All Vegan, Candelilla Wax, VCO (Virgin Coconut Oil), Grapeseed Oil, Iron Oxide, and Shea Butter. 

Candelilla wax is a a plant based wax that is a great substitute for bees wax. It's skin conditioning and nourishing to the skin. So good choice. VCO as well know is healthy too but not for all skin types. It's known to sometimes clog the skin if you're the oily skin type of person. Grape Seed oil is great for the skin too as it is very nourishing and can prevent pimples and brighten the skin. I guess this balances the VCO's effect. Shea butter is great for people with dry skin. Iron Oxide is the one that gives pigment to this blush. It does look like a clay. 

This product is said to be great as a blush, as a lip tint, and an eye shadow too. 

My thought? 

As a blush, it glides smoothly on the skin, it feels great, not greasy nor does it look oily. It has a matte finish and the pigment is good. Looks natural on the skin too which is what I love about this product. πŸ‘πŸΌ
As a lip tint, if you have dry lips, this won't do. Avoid it. 

As an eye shadow, it's blendable and natural looking. 

HOWEVER...., here's what I don't like about this product. After a few hours, it disappears. In other words, this blush and eye shadow is not long lasting at all and I'm very disappointed with it. I wore it at around 1pm and after two hours, I couldn't see the blush anymore, I found myself retouching. 

I was considering getting the other shade, but I don't think it's worth it at all. Could be because I have oily skin that's why it disappeared. 

For me, this is not worth the hype at all! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ


I

Comments

Popular Posts