Thayers Wtich Hazel Toner, Worth the Hype?

I have heard of this product for so long a time already and I only got my hands on tis toner only three weeks ago. Whenever, I try to read something about skin care, this toner comes up as an all natural toner that's alcohol free. 

Witch hazel is known for calming skin and is best used for pimple prone skin. And the most popular brand that I see online is Thayers because it's alcohol-free. What really made me buy this product is because it doesn't contain alcohol which means I can use this for my son as well who is suffering from pimple prone skin not acne. 

Thayers Wtich Hazel comes in many varieties but the one that I got is Rose Petal. From the label, it says this product will make your skin bloom. Formulated for healthy looking skin, adding moisture while helping protect the skin from airborne impurities, and as an alternative to drying astringents. This variety with rose water can help soften the skin and give it a naturally healthy glow, and with hazel tightens the pores! 

For three weeks of consistency using this product day and night, I didn't notice any noticeable difference in my skin before using this at all. But what makes me continue to use this and will continue using this is that it's alcohol free and it rids my face of all the dirt and the make up that's left after cleansing my face with soap. But as to its claims, it hasn't done anything to my pores nor made my skin blooming at all. 

So is this worth the hype? The cost is from 600-900Php depending on where you buy it. But there are cheaper products in the market that can do the same job, alcohol-free too, at a much lower price. 

But I believe Thayers is a good quality product and I will continue to use it because I like where they source their ingredients. It's just a cleanser for me and I don't expect it to do miracles on my face. And since I have an ageing skin already, it's best that I stay away from alcohol and stick to the product that has higher quality and with natural ingredients that wouldn't dry up my skin. 

If you can afford to have this as your toner, then go for it but don't expect this product to do miracles on problematic skin. It's just a toner after all. 

Comments

Popular Posts