Krave Black Rice Facial Wash First Impression Review


This facial wash is part of the Black Rice & Berries product line by Krave Minerale. It's actually an anti-aging foaming facial wash. So I expect this product to be moisturizing and definitely non-drying. 

What it contains: 

Coconut derived surfactant - since Krave is known to be a company that produces natural and safe skin care products, I am expecting that this coconut derived surfactant actually doesn't contain SLES. And I want to believe that this is good for moisturising the skin.
Aqua - distilled water. Also know as deionized water that is useful when impurities are considered undesirable. And I'm sure our skin has a lot of impurities. 
Strawberry oil - I have read that this oil helps moisturise and protect the outer layer of the skin, helping it to stay smooth and supple. Great anti-aging ingredient indeed. 
Grape essential oil - rich in vitamin C, D, and of course E. No wonder they added this to the facial wash!
Cherry essential oil - it contains anti-oxidants and we all know how good anti-oxidants are. 
Kojic acid from rice wine - great for lightening the skin. 
Sodium ascorbate - vitamin C. 
Zinc oxide - protects the skin from UVA and UVB damage, heals the skin from acne, oiliness, rashes, etc. Which means that this facial wash is great as anti-acne too. 
Black rice - anti-oxidant
Sodium Benzoate - I learned that when this ingredient is combined with vitamin C, it produces a carcinogen known as benzene. But most beauty products use this ingredient as a preservative. 

Now let's go to the product claims. 

What it promises:
Erase wrinkles 
Lightens skin tone
Revives dull skin

Price: Php350 for 120ml

My first impression: 

1. The packaging. Product was well sealed when it arrived. No spills at all. It dispense the product well and the pump works best. Not sure about the label though as it seems to get sticky when it gets wet. I wish that Krave would make their label waterproof. 


2. The product: It's foamy as expected. As you can see in the photo that's about two to three pumps but since it was newly opened, I think the dispenser released more air than the product. 

3. The smell: smells fruity but not too strong which I like. It reminds me of a bathroom cleanser or a a bathroom deodoriser but I couldn't remember for the life of me which brand. However, it's not a bad thing. I just like that the smell was mild and not strong because it didn't trigger my allergy from any strong smell at all. 

4. First use effect: I lightly applied the foam on my skin without my hand actually touching my face. I let the foam do its work and magic for 20 seconds before rinsing it off. It didn't dry up my face at all like other foaming facial wash I have tried in the market. It didn't make my skin so tight. It felt like I just washed my face with water. I was surprised when I cleansed my skin with a toner because there was no dirt on my cotton pad at all. No trace of my makeup and it made me really glad. 

Verdict:

I can't make any conclusion as to its claims yet but this facial wash is really moisturising. I only use this at night because I have oily skin. I like how it effectively cleaned my face without really scrubbing my face hard. It's foamy but doesn't give me any allergic reaction which I like. I will continue to use this product and will make an update. However, I give this product two thumbs up and I'm impressed! 



Comments

Popular Posts